THE SIXTEENTH MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING COMPOSITION COMPETITION CALL FOR SUBMISSION
The organizers of the Sixteenth MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING Composition Competition is now asking for submissions of electronic music works from composers around the world. The following is the rules of this year’s competition:
1. The competition is hosted jointly by the Organizing Committee of MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING and The Chinese Federation of International Confederation of Electroacoustic Music (ICEM). The competition will be judged by internationally acknowledged composers and music scholars from various countries.
2. The competition is open to composers of all nationalities who are under the age of 40.
3. Based on the types of the work, the competition will be in Academic and Applied two categories:
The Academic Group will be divided into three subgroups.
Group A: Acousmatic Music;
Group B: Electro-acoustic Music with acoustic instrument(s) and/or voice;
Group C: Multimedia Work;
The Applied Music Category is
Group D: MIDI composition.
4. To ensure the fairness of the competition, judging will be done anonymously. The final round of the competition will take place during the electronic music festival of MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING, and it will be open to public. Judges will show their scores to the contestants and public as well as make comments on each work. The winners will be announced at the closing ceremony of the festival, and certificates and awards will be given to the winners during the ceremony. The winning pieces will be officially released on CD and distributed later.
5. All submissions must be received before October 10, 2019. The application form and related files need to be sent to email@example.com.
For detailed information and the application form, please visit our website: musicacoustica.ccom.edu.cn
Organizing Committee of MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING 2019
30th July 2019